Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lesson 50: Semi-Centennial


It has been fifty days since I first started this blog, and in fifty days I have come to one conclusion: If you want to learn new lessons every day, you have to be willing to seek them out.

As I look back at the first 49 posts on this blog, I've noticed that there were times when I struggled a little bit to identify what I learned. Sometimes the lessons were simple (like the many times I learned something from the news). Sometimes they were reflective (Seems like a lot fall under this category--those were more like revelations than actual lessons). Sometimes they were downright silly (like the one on WAGs and Victoria Beckham).

Regardless of the depth of the material, I have to say that yes, it is possible to learn something new every day. It may not be a hard fact from the encyclopedia, and that's okay because those aren't the most valuable lessons anyway. I have to admit I've enjoyed the abstract things I've learned about people and about myself the most anyway.

Today's revelation even tells me that it's important to be willing to step outside of my comfort zone to look for new things to learn. This is true with all things. If you want a new job, you have to look for one. If you want a relationship, you have to look for someone special. If you want to learn something new everyday, you have to seek that knowledge. Isn't that what life is all about? No one wants to stay in one place forever. You want to grow, and in order to grow, you have to be willing to step out of the box. What are YOU looking for?

No comments:

Post a Comment