Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lesson 39: Taking Risks, Part 2

So after reflecting on yesterday's lesson, I grew a little bit anxious knowing that the risk I need to take is coming soon. And it makes me wonder: Why do people have an urge to do things that seem so irrational, illogical and so unlikely to come out well? That's when I realized that the possibility of a positive outcome outweighs the disappointment that may come.

The "prize" at the end of the tunnel has to be pretty darn special. As I look at the possible prize (and I hate to use that word in this instance), I realize how thrilled I would be to have it. I guess that this whole taking risks thing is teaching me to grow some courage but it's also showing me what it is that I really want. That has been a surprise, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment