Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lesson 43: It Has a Purpose!

Big thanks to 1000 Awesome Things for today's lesson of the day! Who knew that little hole in the sink was for making sure it doesn't overflow. I never knew it had an actual purpose.

It seems like there are probably a lot of other things in life that look like they don't need to be there but are there for a reason...like that little thing behind doors to make sure the doorknob doesn't dent the wall behind it. I used to flick them when I was a kid. (Yeah, I had pretty incredible ways of entertaining myself.) Or those ribbons attached at the armpits of sleeveless, strapless or spaghetti strap tops and dresses. I never knew why they were there until I noticed the little hooks on hangers. Voila! Instant residence for those ribbon loops!

It works with people, too. Just when you think people are in your life just for "decoration," they do something incredible to show you they're there for something much more meaningful than that.
Like you, Tip Fallon. You're there to show me that there are still a lot of good people in the world as long as you're willing to look for them and believe that you deserve to be in the presence of their greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment