Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lesson 49: A Dollar A Week


Today I learned through some website that was referenced on Twitter that the Obama girls get a dollar a week as their allowance. The President and First Lady talk to their daughters about the importance of saving and earning money.

This little tidbit of information made me wonder what kind of financial advice I would give my children if I ever have them. My parents never taught me anything about finances, and while I know that I'm responsible for the unwise money decisions I've made in my life, I have to wonder if I would have spent differently if my parents had influence over my piggy bank. I guess that Finance 101 at the age of 3 is something that I have yet to master but given the economic downturn we're experiencing now, I guess it can never be too late to learn the value of a dollar--or $100

No comments:

Post a Comment