Friday, July 9, 2010

Lesson 31: Lemons out of Lemonade



Summertime seems to be the best time to learn how to make bad things into good things, so today I'm sharing a couple of not so great things that turned out to be fine:

1.) While making pancakes for breakfast, I dropped the fork I was using and lost some of the batter. I didn't want to start all over, so I opened up the freezer and pulled out some hash browns to eat instead. They tasted good.
Hi Tip!
2.) The dress I had set out to wear to work today got wrinkled. I hate ironing, so instead of ironing it, I got innovative and used my hair straightener to smooth it out. You'd never know the difference!

3.) While getting some ice cream for dessert after lunch, I broke the cone. I decided to crush the cone, stick it in the bowl and put the ice cream on top. Tastes just as good!

So at the end of the day, the lesson is that you may not get what you want. And that's okay. You can always turn it into something just as good or even better. And sometimes, exactly what you wanted still makes it way to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment