Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lesson 23: You Learn Something New Every Day, Eh



You can learn a lot of things from the trending topics on Twitter. No, I'm not talking about the uknowyourfromatlif ones that drive me crazy because of the grammatical errors. I'm talking about the global ones where people talk about what's going on in their current events.

For instance, today I learned that it's Canada Day. On July 1, our neighbors to the north celebrate a national holiday celebrating the anniversary of the July 1, 1867, enactment of the British North America Act (or Constitution Act, 1867), which united two British colonies and a province of the British Empire into Canada. That said, I guess you can say that July 1 is Canada's birthday. So, that also means that Americans living in the northern border states are going to have quite a weekend being in the environment of two celebrations of independence. I can taste the maple syrup now...

No comments:

Post a Comment