Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lesson 35: Let's Get Physical!



Today I learned that despite going on regular runs, I am in horrible physical shape. How do I know this? After work I took my 6 year old nephew and my 15 year old niece to the neighborhood park. There was a full-fledged playground with monkey bars, swingsets, and all that good stuff. I realized that I can't make it all the way across the monkey bars. When I was in the third grade, I aced the physical fitness test and could do 8 chinups with no help. I can't do those anymore. (Pretty sure I still hold the record for the sit and reach though. Some things never change.) The big kicker was when we decided to race across the field and I came in dead last. So embarrassing!

So, I've decided that I'm seriously going to start getting more physically fit. I've always been apprehensive to do so because I've always been afraid of losing too much weight. (Really, what size pants is there to wear when a zero is too small?) But I figure I can sacrifice the numbers on scales or on clothes to be more physically active.

*Googling Zumba Classes...and legwarmers*

No comments:

Post a Comment