Friday, August 27, 2010

Lesson 80: Unpretty

My life is filled with disappointments, frustrations and challenges...and metaphors. My life would not be complete without metaphors.

I have said often that "You must take the stairs in this thing called life. There is no elevator to the top."

I've always loved that quote because it reminds me that you can't really excel without hard work and determination. Then I had another revelation--"There is no delete button in life. What's done is done, and what's said is said."

I also believe that, "Good books show wear and tear because they've been read over and over again by numerous people. The boring books stay on the shelf"

Fourth, I've always said that "Scars are not reminders of pain; they are reminders of survival."

And today I realized what I'm going to look like once I get to the top. I'll be sweaty from climbing all those stairs. I'll have a lot of lines crossed out and written over. The pages from these chapters in my life will be dog-eared and torn. And I'll have a whole lot of scars from where I've been scratched, pushed, beaten and bruised.

But I'd be wrong to end this post without one last thing: The struggle is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment