Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lesson 79: Goodbyes

My godmother passed away this past Tuesday of cancer. I heard that when it was getting closer to the end, she would see her husband, who had passed eight years prior, and he would come to her and touch her cheek.

Initially, I thought it was a little bit eerie, but in hindsight, it's kind of sweet. Having belief in an afterlife has always given me hope that I'd see the ones I love who went before me when it's my time. I've always said, time after time, that I don't believe in goodbyes. I used to think it was because I just didn't want to let go, but today I learned that it's because when you have a belief in an afterlife, there's no such thing as a goodbye. There's only see you later. Rest in Peace until it's my time, too.

Mama has told me a couple of times that when she held Akash after he died, she saw Jesus, and she knew that it wasn't for her. It was for her boy. And it's that kind of experience that makes her believe that when it's her time, her boy will be there to greet her. That's what makes her tell people, and even Molly "It's okay. You'll see him again." I don't believe in goodbyes because they just don't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment