Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lesson 77: Popcorn


Today after work I decided I wanted a little snack, so I stuck a bag of popcorn in the microwave and punched the popcorn button. Since it had been a long time since I had made popcorn, I wasn't sure if the popcorn button would actually pop the majority of the bag. It didn't. Without even opening the bag, I was disappointed at the ratio of kernels to popped corn. I decided to ignore the warning on the bag not to re-heat  and stuck it back in the microwave for another minute. I have now learned the reason why you're not supposed to re-pop a bag of already popped popcorn. Not only does it not pop any more kernels, but it also burns the popped corn AND the bag. It also makes your entire house smell like a big mistake in the Orville Reddenbacher factory. I seriously thought I was going to have to carry my microwave outside to make the odor go away.

Lesson of the Day: Those warnings on products are there for a reason...and the smell of burnt popcorn makes you not want to eat it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment