Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lesson 54: Don't Stop Believin'



My previous post was about how running can make everything better. I found something else that can make everything better when I'm feeling down: Glee reruns. (Gleeruns?)

I loved the season finale when the team decided to sing Don't Stop Believin' (Who doesn't love that song?) As cheesy as it may have been, they decided that despite the way that the odds were stacked against them, they were going to enjoy the journey they had been on and not stop believing in themselves.

The odds were clearly stacked against then with Vocal Adrenaline in the competition and Sue as a judge, but they went on stage anyway. And yeah, they lost regionals. But they came out with some pretty great lessons anyway.

This is why Glee appeals to so many people. There are no expectations of perfection or happy endings. It's all about the life lesson that the kids learn, how they're in it together and how no matter what, they don't stop believing in their journey.

Personally, I've learned that the more I doubt myself, the more I cry, but when I believe in myself, people are more likely to believe in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment