Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lesson 57: Incept This!


 Last night I had a dream about giving birth to a precious baby girl. When she was only two days old, she was able to lift her head and roll over all by herself. Of course I woke up early this morning wondering what having such a precocious baby girl  for a daughter could possibly mean, so I looked it up on DreamMoods. This is what I learned.

To see a baby in your dream, signifies innocence, warmth and new beginnings.  Babies symbolize something in your own inner nature that is pure, vulnerable, helpless and/or uncorrupted. 

If you dream that you are on your way to the hospital to have a baby, then it signifies your issues of dependency and your desires to be completely cared for. Perhaps you are trying to get out of some responsibility. If you are pregnant in real life, then a more direct interpretation may simply mean that you are experiencing some anxieties of making it to the hospital when the time comes. 



That's just a portion of the definition that I pulled from the site. It amazes me that there are actual fields for analyzing dreams. My initial thought after having this dream was simply that I must have been reading to the baby girl while she was still in my womb and that was what caused her advanced development.

Ultimate lesson of the story: Read to your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment