Monday, August 23, 2010

Lesson 76: Not a Hunter


I've said it once, and I'll say it again. This whole learn something new every day process has taught me a lot of things, but most of all, it has taught me about myself.

I've realized that I'm definitely not a hunter. I don't like to go out in search of what I might like. Instead, I have goal in mind before I go out and I aim only for that. I don't step out of my comfort zone a whole lot, and I don't take a lot of risks. I prefer to stick with what I know. My life doesn't consist of series of exciting events. I tend to play it safe, and while this might sound like a logical thing, I'm realizing that it leaves me with few choices. I have no Plan B, C or D, which means one thing or another: I will work so hard that I will eventually complete Plan A or I will miss out on completing Plans B, C. or D, which may be equally as good.

I feel like I'm at a crossroads: Should I become a hunter or should I stick with my bow and arrow, aiming at the one bullseye that I know I want?

No comments:

Post a Comment