Friday, August 6, 2010

Lesson 59: Love

I was thinking about this blog this morning. I'm not thinking it's ridiculous or that the premise is stupid. I am, however, starting to question its origin.

Everyday I've been trying to identify something new that I've learned. I figure that if I'm lucky enough to find an extraordinary man, marriage won't be quite like that. Am I really going to stop at the end of every day and ask myself, "Did I learn something from my husband today?" If I do, the marriage probably isn't working out. Not that I know for sure but something tells me there are way better things to do in a marriage than seeing if pre-nuptial expectations are being met.

Maybe I'll get married one day and maybe I'll learn something new from the man I'll spend the rest of my life with everyday. But if I don't, I don't think I'll love him any less, especially if he's still willing to love me unconditionally.

The most important lesson of all in this little experiment: Love matters more than learning...Actually, love matters more than anything...and it makes you think and do crazy things that matter only because love is present.

No comments:

Post a Comment