Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lesson 65: Second Homes


Today after a long flight to what I have dubbed my "second home," I learned a few things about having a secondary place where you "hang your heart."

1.) First and foremost, a second home comes complete with a second family. They'll pick you up from the airport, tease you on the way home and make you wash their dishes. In short, when you encounter your second family on the way home, it's as if you never left them in the first place.

2.) The door is always open and unlocked.

3.) The food is out on the table. You're expected and encouraged to serve yourself.

4.) The bed is made and a fresh towel and bar of soap are available.

5.) You know where everything is.

6.) In some cases, it's better than your first home because you know you're there  to be relaxed, be taken care of and be loved.

My second home is in a special place that came out of a less than perfect circumstance. Despite those unideal circumstances, I know that I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world. I won't stop going there either.

No comments:

Post a Comment