Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lesson 63: Entitlements

Today I learned that no matter how good you are or how loyal you have been to a person, cause or organization, you are never entitled to anything. The only expectation you should have is that you will be required to work hard and earn what you want.

I was put into a position where I expected to receive something just because I thought I deserved it. But a life lesson smacked me in the face, wagged its finger and pushed me back before I could snatch it. Rather than simply being handled this something on a silver platter, I had to follow the same process as anyone else and wait until I earned rather than simply received it. While I would have liked to take the easy way, I'm glad that I was forced to earn it because it made getting it that much more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment