Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lesson 18: The Waiting is the Hardest Part



Because I'm sure that sometimes people like to have music to accompany the pictures on my blog.


I used to think that patience was one of my best qualities. Now I'm not so sure as it's barely 10:00AM on a Saturday morning as I write this and I've already had my patience tested not once but TWICE.

I consider myself to be pretty patient and even-tempered, but when I get really angry, I release the wrath of a thousand un-splendid suns. (Clearly, I am not as patient as I once thought.) I've learned today that you should never become overly confident in your "positive qualities" as once you do this, you will be tested. This is especially true with patience. Today I got asked the same question by the same person who had already asked me 30 questions previously (not exaggerating here). I knew I had to be professional, but instead I responded with a rather annoyed "Be patient!" Pretty funny considering I probably need to exercise the virtue of patience just as much.

Maybe the bigger lesson here is that no matter how great we think we are, we can always be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment