Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lesson 9: Gooooal GREEN!


I was recently catching up on my Time Magazine when I came across an article titled Message in a Bottle, which was about Nike and the company's efforts to create environmentally friendly "green" products.

The coolest thing: Nine of the teams participating in the World Cup, the United States included, are wearing uniforms made completely out of recycled plastic bottles. It takes an average of 8.5 twenty ounce plastic bottles to make one extra large shirt. The jerseys are supposedly "lighter, sturdier, breathier and all those other Nike-ier things." Pretty cool, huh?

Although the thought of having old bottles (essentially garbage) in my clothes, I have to hand it to Nike for its efforts to reduce the amount of garbage going into landfills.

No comments:

Post a Comment