Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lesson 91: Forgiveness

Forgiveness. It seems like I've been surrounded by it a lot lately. Why is it that we're so terrified of making mistakes, even when we'll be forgiven? I'm still in the process of learning that "the hardest part is forgiving yourself."

I sit back and think about someone who hurt me recently, and all I can think about is how he needs to forgive himself. I know he took it hard. He knows that he hurt me, and I know he didn't mean to. I still care about him a lot. I've forgiven him. I want him to forgive himself. In the process of all this, I realized that I was angrier at myself than I was at him. I hated my judgment and the way that I allowed myself to be vulnerable.

I guess that this means I'm harder on myself than I am on him. So, my initial assessment remains true: Sometimes the hardest part is forgiving yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment