Friday, September 3, 2010

Lesson 87: Fix You

All relationships go through ups and downs. It doesn't matter how good they are. There will be challenges, and the survival of those relationships depends on the people involved.

I recently got hurt by a friend. The pain and the feelings that came with it were inevitable. Being miserable was optional. Today I learned that when it comes to a relationship between two people, outside factors don't matter nearly as  much as what's inside. When the ups come around, you celebrate them together. When the downs come around, you choose whether or not they are fixable and you choose whether or not you want to fix them. Today, against the advice of others, I chose to fix a friendship. There was more value in that then in keeping my pride or holding a grudge. I believe that I made the right decision, but if course, only time will tell. It will just be a matter of letting this journey run its course and making the decisions that feel right when there are forks in the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment